Key Dates for 2022-23:
- February 1: Registration begins for students new to the Division.
- March 8: Pre-enrolment begins for current students.
- April 14: Families should register or pre-enrol for 2022-23 before the 4 p.m. deadline
Parents of children who are new to Edmonton Public Schools or were previously enrolled at an Edmonton Public School but have left the division for one or more years will need to register is a student new to the Division.
Whether you register early or right before 4 p.m. on April 14, 2022, your child’s chance of attending a school or program remains the same. Schools review all registrations after April 14, and registrations are not first-come, first-served.
STEP 1: GET ORGANIZED
You will need to provide your preferred school with documents confirming:
- the address for the student’s parent/guardian (you will need 2 different documents)
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship status and birthdate (see examples below)
STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
Before you register, it’s important to have your documents ready. You will need to upload the documents to complete and submit your registration.
If you are using a computer, have a scanned image of each document saved on your computer.
If you are using a mobile device, you can take photos of your required documents as you fill out the form.
STEP 3: REVIEW AND COMPLETE THE DIGITAL STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM
You can only register at one school. Starting February 1, 2022 families can register for the 2022-23 school year. To submit your digital student registration form online, you will need to:
- upload your documents
- provide an electronic signature
- enter your email address (this helps us confirm your identity and allows us to send you a copy of the completed form)
There is no option to save your progress. Once you start, we recommend finishing the form.
Need help using the digital student registration form? Submit a request to get help or call (780) 429-8232.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTED DOCUMENTATION
If you’re not sure which documents to provide, contact your preferred school.
LEGAL PROOF OF YOUR CHILD'S NAME AND AGE
If the documents don’t confirm your child’s citizenship or status, parents may be asked to provide citizenship immigration documents (e.g., work permit, study permit or citizenship card or certificate). Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
AFTER YOU REGISTER
Once you submit a completed and signed digital student registration form:
- the form and supporting documents are sent securely to the school to review
- you will receive an email confirming the form has been submitted
- the school will contact you if they need more information (this does not mean your child has been enrolled at the school)
- the school will confirm if your child is enrolled
Step 1: fill out the New Student Registration Form
Step 2: upload supporting documents that prove your child's legal name and birthdate, home address and citizenship
Step 3: sign and submit the completed student registration form
Students currently enrolled in an Edmonton Public School in grades K-12 will need to contact their current school and request a transfer for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Visit the New Student Registration page on epsb.ca to learn more.